Author Topic: $20 SATELLITE ON BETFAIR - 22/2  (Read 52490 times)

Foggy

• Gold Member
Re: TONIGHTS $20 SATELLITE ON BETFAIR
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2010, 16:54:31 PM »

If you need any help Leigh, my phone is off.

Good to see that you"ve got a solid team behind you Leigh

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2010, 17:04:34 PM »

Leigh

Have you looked into the Friday satellite yet? Is it going to be a $20 sat for a $50 game?

Apologies if this has been covered already but is it correct that there is an on-line satellite this Friday for $20 into the $50 on-line event on Saturday?

Is this for both events on Saturday or just one, as seems a bit steep for a $50 seat, as might aswell just buy in.

It is correct and it is just for the $50 NLHE.

We would normally run more sats for the online events, but everything has had to be squeezed in this week.  The $20 sats have been very popular in the past, and although the seat is a $50, we think it should be okay.

We will review the satellites for online events prior to the next events.

I think this is a bit steep; $20 is still too much for some. The idea of sats is so all bankrolls have a chance of playing at a higher level without the cost. $5/$10 should be about right.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2010, 17:09:26 PM »

Leigh

Have you looked into the Friday satellite yet? Is it going to be a $20 sat for a $50 game?

Apologies if this has been covered already but is it correct that there is an on-line satellite this Friday for $20 into the $50 on-line event on Saturday?

Is this for both events on Saturday or just one, as seems a bit steep for a $50 seat, as might aswell just buy in.

It is correct and it is just for the $50 NLHE.

We would normally run more sats for the online events, but everything has had to be squeezed in this week.  The $20 sats have been very popular in the past, and although the seat is a $50, we think it should be okay.

We will review the satellites for online events prior to the next events.

I think this is a bit steep; $20 is still too much for some. The idea of sats is so all bankrolls have a chance of playing at a higher level without the cost. $5/$10 should be about right.

agree, a satty that pays one place for evry 2.5 entries does seem a bit daft. Why not make it a $25 sat and we can have a DoN foldfest? ???
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2010, 17:15:57 PM »
I do agree re the $20 sat for a $50 sat...... but to play devil"s advocate, I have to say, if one doesn"t like it, one doesn"t have to play! does one!?  In fact, one could watch Coronation Street on Friday night instead!

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2010, 17:25:24 PM »
There is one benefit from this particular satellite.  It doesn"t have a reg fee.

As there is no cap on the number of entries for Saturday, you could arguably play a $25 Double or Nothing on Betfair to get to your $50.

Or a $10 SNG would get you to $50.

As I have posted elsewhere.  This is a one off due to having to fit a lot of satellites into one week, and the $20 ones are normally very popular.

For future online events, we will have more satellites running.

Geo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2010, 17:55:19 PM »

I have added a new card but when I try to deposit i get a "navigation to the webpage is canceled". I am guessing something on my PC is blocking it. Anyone know how to get round it?

Hey Suz xx

I had same problem, however got over this as follows:

When you click on your account you get a message asking if you want to only download the secure info as some of the info may be loaded through an unsecure http.

You need to choose the no option, I did and had no problems from there.

Hope this helps

Geo

suzanne

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2010, 17:55:55 PM »

I have added a new card but when I try to deposit i get a "navigation to the webpage is canceled". I am guessing something on my PC is blocking it. Anyone know how to get round it?

Suz,

I don"t know the answer, but I"ve stuck your post on the Betfair Poker Discussion aswell, to see if anyone has had the same problem.

Problem sorted for now. I downloaded the software on my sons PC and it let me deposit.

Just have to hope he doesnt start playing poker now  :-\

Geo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2010, 17:56:45 PM »
BTW,

I"m in - Geo2754

Good luck all for the start of season 4

Geo

Geo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2010, 17:57:56 PM »

Suz,

I don"t know the answer, but I"ve stuck your post on the Betfair Poker Discussion aswell, to see if anyone has had the same problem.

Problem sorted for now. I downloaded the software on my sons PC and it let me deposit.

Probs the security on your own PC Suz, I have Nod 32, you?

Geo

suzanne

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2010, 17:58:20 PM »

Hey Suz xx

I had same problem, however got over this as follows:

When you click on your account you get a message asking if you want to only download the secure info as some of the info may be loaded through an unsecure http.

You need to choose the no option, I did and had no problems from there.

Hope this helps

Geo

Ahhhhhhh thanks Geo xx It is good to know where I went wrong as I will probably have deposit again next week :-)

suzanne

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2010, 18:00:34 PM »

Suz,

Geo

No idea...as long as i can play poker, do the shopping and tend to my farm on facebook I dont care LOL

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2010, 18:02:03 PM »

Suz,

Geo

No idea...as long as i can play poker, do the shopping and tend to my farm on facebook I dont care LOL

sigh

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2010, 18:03:40 PM »

BTW,

I"m in - Geo2754

Geo

Get yerself reg"d over on the Edinburgh Club cuz :)

GL 2nite cya there x
Mary Kivlin

Geo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2010, 18:08:36 PM »

BTW,

I"m in - Geo2754

Geo

Get yerself reg"d over on the Edinburgh Club cuz :)

GL 2nite cya there x

Done.

Geo

NoCash

• Bronze Member
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2010, 18:40:16 PM »

another 20 bucks added towards someone elses seat

see you later

Thanks appreciate it  ;D
APAT World Amateur Champion 2011/12
APAT European Omaha Amateur Champion 2012